Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently

Maher Zain - Sounds of Light Sydney concert 2010
Maher Zain. I bet everyone should have known this man by now. It's his song Open Your Eyes and the story of how Ruben Abu Bakr embraces Islam in the video <Open Your Eyes> touches my heart deeply. Click on the link to watch the video. It only takes 6 minutes, do watch okay friends? :)

The song is about seeing the life and the world differently. No matter how tough the problems we are facing, how depressing our lives might be - just look at the world around us. OPEN YOUR EYES and see the world. The green leaves, blue skies and all living things around us. In fact inside us; our beating hearts. Aren't they amazing? Can't we just be grateful enough?.. And the story of how Ruben Abu Bakr embraces Islam really makes me shiver.. All the miracles of Allah are in front of us, can't we just be grateful enough?

The first time I watched this video was somewhere early last year.. And I immediately fell in love with it. I cried a tear watching it, reflecting all my ignorance towards Allah and His beautiful world.. May He always shower His love and mercy upon us all..

Then I started to listen to all of other Maher Zain's songs. Beautiful lyrics. He really opens my eyes and affects my life. Striving to be a good person, a good Muslimah. InsyaAllah.

No comments:

Post a Comment