Friday, August 20, 2010

Salam Perantau 2010

Alhamdulillah, I've successfully posted a Eidul Fitri wish for my family and friends in Malaysia through our mainstream newspapers. Utusan, Kosmo, Berita Harian and Harian Metro. this is the link for one of them.

http://xtive.utusan.com.my/salam_perantauan/display.php?id=1280

For all the four newspapers, the wish and picture is the same. *The girls in the picture were my housemates :)* So I decided to post only one here.

Years before this, that column of the newspaper was my favourite one - the one that I was always eagerly waiting for to read when Ramadhan started. Well, it still is. It's very entertaining and inspiring to see all the faces and places of Malaysians around the world. I still remember when I was around 9-10 years old, I have a cousin who used to study in the States. Can't really remember which uni she was in, but she posted a picture of herself (and her friends) on that page during the month of Ramadhan. Our big family was so excited and so proud of her. Since then, I always read that column and look at the pictures and people overseas. Now it's my turn. I'm the one who will be in that column. Being away from the family is hard, but knowing I'm in their hearts, it makes it thousand times easier. Pray for my success, insyaAllah. :)

2 comments:

  1. hye,my name is ali,keep on writing eh?=p

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah you are the Ali i was talking bout. thanks for the inspiration :) insyaAllah.

    ReplyDelete